TROY Industries

started in 2003
West Springfield, Massachusetts

  • Steve Troy
    – retired Massachusetts State Trooper
    – retired  Air Force
  • 1987 Steve joined the Connecticut Air National Guard
    – later transferred to the US Air Force Reserve
  • 1999 to 2011 Massachusetts State Trooper
  • 2003 Steve Troy formed Troy Industries
    – designing and manufacturing top quality small arms components and accessories
  • 2012 debuted TROY firearms division
  • Troy Asymmetric
  • 2013  hired Dale Monroe
    – Lon Horiuchi’s partner at Ruby Ridge

Troy Industries, Inc.
151 Capital Drive
West Springfield, Massachusetts 01089

866-788-6412

troyind.com

Gemtech

Gemini Technologies – Gemtech

 since 1976
Idaho, Massachusetts

  •  founded by Phil Dater in Eagle, Idaho
  • 1993 Greg Latka was president
  • 1994-2016 manufactured by GSL Technology in Michigan
  • 2011 developed subsonic .22 Long Rifle ammunition
  • 2011 instrumental in forming the American Suppressor Association (ASA)
  • July 2017 purchased by Smith & Wesson
  • 2017 moved to Massachusetts

 

gemtech.com

 

 

GOAL

Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts
Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) is a 100% member supported organization whose sole focus is to protect and restore Second Amendment rights for Massachusetts residents. We are an association of law-abiding citizens who believe in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms for competition, recreation and self-protection.
GOAL Gun Owners’ Action League is the official state firearms association in Massachusetts. We are an association of law-abiding citizens who believe in the basic right of firearms ownership for competition, recreation and self-protection. GOAL works hard to defend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights against those in Massachusetts who wish to infringe upon the freedoms guaranteed by
  • 1974 Founded

Gun Owners’ Action League of Massachusetts

GOAL
361 W. Main St.
Northborough, MA. 01532

Phone: (508) 393-5333

Seecamp

 from 1973 to 2014
Milford, Connecticut

  • Ludwig (Louis) Wilhelm Seecamp (1901-1989)
    – before WWII trained as a master gunsmith in the technical academy in Germany
  • 1959 – 1971  gun designer for O.F. Mossberg.
  • 1973 started as a gunsmithing company doing double-action conversions on 1911
  • 1978 patented specialized spring system for miniaturization of pistols
  • 1981 Seecamp ventured into firearms manufacturing, beginning with the LWS-25 double action only (DAO)
  • 1999 third model, the LWS-380
  • 2014 Whalley Precision took over production

L.W. Seecamp Co.
28 Hudson Drive
Southwick, MA 01077

(413) 569-4650

seecamp.com

Dan Wesson

 incorporated in 1968
Norwich, New York

  • 1852 Smith & Wesson was founded by Horace Smith and Daniel B. Wesson
  • 1873 Daniel B. Wesson. Mr. Wesson purchased Mr. Smith’s interest in S&W
  • April 22, 1916 Daniel B. Wesson II  (born) in Springfield, Massachusetts
  • 1938 – 1963 Daniel B. Wesson II worked at Smith & Wesson
  • 1965 Smith & Wesson purchased by Bangor-Punta
  • 1968 Dan Wesson Arms founded in Monson, Massachusetts
  • 1996 moved to Norwich, New York
  • 2005 bought by CZ-USA
    Female CEO Alice Poluchová

Dan Wesson
65 Borden Ave.
Norwich, NY 13815

(800) 955-4486

danwessonfirearms.com

Thompson Center Arms

since 1967
New Hampshire, Massachusetts

  • Warren Center developed an unusual break-action, single-shot pistol
    – in his basement workshop in RochesterNew Hampshire 
  • 1965 Warren Center joined the K.W. Thompson Tool Company
  • 1967 Warren Center’s Contender pistol introduced
  • 1968 name was changed to Thompson/Center Arms Company
  • 1970 introduced Warren Center’s Hawken-styled black powder muzzle-loader rifle
  • 1983 Encore was released
    – uses a different trigger mechanism
    – larger and stronger frame
    – over 86 cartridges
  • 1992 United States v. Thompson/Center Arms Co
    – Court ruled in the the rifle conversion kit did not constitute a short-barreled rifle under the National Firearms Act of 1934
  • 1996  major factory fire at the Thompson/Center factory
    – destroyed all tooling and parts for Scout & Patriot pistols & the Seneca rifle
    – they were all discontinued
  • January 4, 2007, Thompson/Center was purchased by Smith & Wesson
  •  December 8, 2010 manufacturing was moved to Springfield, Massachusetts

Thompson Center Arms
2100 Roosevelt Ave.
Springfield, MA 01104

(866) 730-1614

tcarms.com

Yankee Hill Machine

1951
Massachusetts

  • 1951 founded by Wallace Judd & James Graham in Yankee Hill, Massachusetts
  • 1960s government contract to design and produce cleaning rods for the M16
  • 1980s son Jay took over
  • 2000s began manufacturing suppressors
  • 2008 YNH-15 first complete rifle
  • 2013 Grandsons took over

Yankee Hill Machine
412 Main St.
Easthampton, Massachusetts

yhm.net

 

NSSA

National Skeet Shooting Association (NSSA)

  • – Created in 1920
    – by Charles Davis and William Harnden Foster
  • Created in Andover, Massachusetts
  • Introduced Nationally in the February 1926
  • 1926 National Skeet Shooting Association formed
    – National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas
  • November 1961 Henry Alcus, proposed the foundation of a NSSA permanent library
  • NSSA/NSCA Museum and Hall of Fame
  • 1973 the NSSA moved from Dallas to its new “permanent” home in San Antonio
  • 1989 the first NSSA/NSCA Museum and Hall of Fame building
  • 2002 construction was started on new museum building

National Skeet Shooting Association is the National Governing Body for NSSA-type skeet shooting in the USA. They promote skeet shooting with 12 gauge, 20 gauge, 28 gauge and 410 gauge shotguns and also host their “World Shoot” each year.

Savage Arms

founded in 1894
Westfield, Massachusetts & Canada

  • 1892 Arthur Savage designed a rifle for Colt
    – magazine in the stock, not under the barrel
    – but contract was won by the Krag–Jørgensen
  • 1894 Savage Arms founded by Arthur Savage in Utica, New York
  • 1895 Model 1895 the first hammerless lever-action rifle
    – Savage invented the rotary magazine rifle
  •  one of six companies to participate in the United States Army trials for a .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol
  • 1897 – 1999 Model 99 lever-action rifle made for 102 years
  • 1908 invented the removable box magazine
    – but his patent expired in 1942
  • .300 Savage. Savage
  •  merged with the Driggs-Seabury Ordnance Company
  • World War I
    – produced Lewis machine guns in Sharon, Pennsylvania
    – produced Model 1899 muskets
  • 1919 approached by Chief Lame Deer to buy rifles for his tribe in New York
    – Lame Deer offered Savage to use his image as its logo in exchange for discounted rifles and an annual fee
  • 1091 – Arthur Savage moved to Duarte, California, and formed the Savage Tire company, he invented radial tires
  • 1920, Savage Arms bought Stevens Arms of Chicopee Falls, MA
  • 1929 Savage acquired the A.H. Fox Gun company of Philadelphia and moved production to Utica, New York
  • 1939 Model 24 combination gun
  • World War II
    – made most of the Thompson submachine guns used in World War II
    –  produced the British No. 4 Lee–Enfield bolt-action rifle
  • 1969 Canadian operations began called Lakefield Arms
    Lakefield, Ontario
  • 2002 the AccuTrigger
  • 2018 Savage Arms is still paying the annual fee to Lame Deer

Ammunition

  • 1894 –  .303 Savage
  • 1912 – .22 Savage Hi-Power
  • 1915 – .250-3000 Savage
  • 1920 – .300 Savage

Iver Johnson

from 1871 to 1993
Massachusetts

  • U.S. firearms, bicycle, and motorcycle manufacturer
  • Iver Johnson (1841–1895)
  • 1857  educated as a gunsmith in Bergen, Norway
  • Had a gun store in Oslo, Norway
  • 1863 immigrated to Worcester, Massachusetts
  • he made “pepperbox” pistols for Allen & Wheelock
  • 1871 with Martin Bye created the Johnson Bye & Company
  • 1883 Johnson bought Bye out
    – name changed to Iver Johnson & Company
  • 1891 name changed Iver Johnson’s Arms & Cycle Works
    – relocated to Fitchburg, Massachusetts
  • O.F. Mossberg worked for Iver Johnson durring this time
  • 1895 Iver Johnson died of tuberculosis, his sons took over
  • 1971 Louis Imperato purchased the name and moved IJ to New Jersey
  • 1983 Investors bought Iver Johnson name and moved to Jacksonville, Arkansas
  • 1993 ceased trading under its own name
    – owned by American Military Arms Corporation (AMAC)
  • 2006 Iver Johnson Arms opened (relation in name only)
    – in Rockledge, Florida
    – manufacturer and firearms importer
    – Iver Johnson Arms is making 1911s

 

,