- Training courses
– Navy SEALs Jack Carr and Eric Frohardt
NRA Carry Guard
PO Box 410679
Kansas City, MO 64141-0679
started in 2013
Second Call Defense
8734 Union Centre Blvd.
West Chester, OH 45069
founded in 2011
- CCW Safe is a legal service membership plan
- CCW Safe takes on the burden of the expenses associated with defending a self-defense/use of force critical incident.
- CCW Safe does not have the conflicts of an insurance product because the company is designed to indemnify the cost of the incident and not the outcome of a trial.
- Mike Darter Co Founder
- Kyle Sweet Co- Founder
- Stan Campbell Co-Founder
PO Box 438
Oklahoma City, OK 73101
- born in Texas
- headquarters in Houston
- members in the majority of states
1020 Bay Area Blvd., Suite 220
Houston, TX 77058
Armed Citizens’ Legal Defense Network, Inc.
Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to possess a firearm
- Argued March 18, 2008
Decided June 26, 2008
- 554 U.S. 570
- landmark case from the Supreme Court of the United States
- held that the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia
- Supreme Court affirmed by a vote of 5 to 4
- Heller had approached the National Rifle Association about a lawsuit to overturn the D.C. gun ban, but they declined
Texas Handgun Association (TxHGA)
began in 1997
- began as the Texas Concealed Handgun Instructor Association
- 2003 expanded membership to include license holders and anyone interested in carrying a handgun for self defense
Texas Handgun Association
P.O. Box 161713
Austin, Texas 78716
Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA)
- November 29, 1990
- introduced by Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin
- signed into law by President George H. W. Bush.
- act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone
- applies to public, private, and parochialelementary schools and high schools
- applies to non-private property within 1000 feet of schools
- It provides that the states and their political subdivisions may issue licenses that exempt the licensed individuals from the prohibition.