Membership is limited to a maximum of 250 active members, and membership is by invitation only
permanent national organization for persons interested in the collection, research, study, and preservation of arms, armor, and accessories and accouterments; to establish and promote standards and ethics in research and dissemination of information pertaining to the history of arms and armor; and to promote and further the preparation, publication and distribution of scholarly literature pertaining to the development and history of arms and armor.
Sunday evening May 7, 1944 five men met in the home of Walter MacGregor on Cumberland Avenue in Wethersfield, Connecticut to discuss the formation of a new organization to promote their interests in the preservation, study and collecting of antique firearms.
The Guild and it’s members have been gathering monthly since 1944 fostering the preservation of history and an appreciation for all things militaria. From the waning years of World War II to the present, the Connecticut Gun Guild has grown from five enthusiastic men to a diverse, multinational organization of over 350 members. The Guild continues to promote safety, responsibility, friendship, and research while attempting to preserve our constitutional rights and pursue our chosen hobby which includes the collecting and preservation of firearms.