Armscor USA

USA office opened in 1985
Nevada, Montana

Armscor history in Philippines

  • 1941 – Don Celso Tuason purchases Sportsman’s Headquarters
  • 1952 – In postwar Philippines, Don Celso Tuason obtains the first license in his country to begin firearm and ammunition manufacturing
  • 1952 – The company is renamed Squires Bingham Manufacturing Inc.
  • 1965 – Don Celso turns over control of the company to his three sons: Bolo, Butch, Concoy
  • 1980 – Squires Bingham Manufacturing Inc. is reorganized
    – becomes Arms Corporation of the Philippines (ARMSCOR)
    – Demetrio “Bolo” Tuason is named Chairman and President
  • Armscor bult 1911s for
    – Charles Daly
    – Tanfoglio
    – Rock Island Armory


  • 1985 – Armscor Precision International opens its first office in the US
  • 1985 – acquires the Rock Island Armory brand
    – partly outsourced to IMBEL (Indústria de Material Bélico do Brasil)
    – distributed in the U.S. by SARCO
    – rebranded Armscor  1911s
  • 1997 – the second manufacturer awarded the ISO 9001 certification
  • 2011 – new production facilities in Stevensville, Montana
    – Armscor USA Ammo
  • 2012 – Martin Tuason becomes new president
  • 2016 – Open US Manufacturing plant in Pahrump, NV
  • 2017  M200 .38 caliber revolver


Armscor USA and Rock Island Armory
150 North Smart Way
Pahrump, NV 89060

(775) 537-1444

Dillon Precision

started 1980
Scottsdale

  • Dillon Precision is privately owned by the Dillon family
  • 1970s Begins to sell to fellow Class 3 shooters, commercial loaders
  • 1980 Business grows out of garage, creation of Dillon Precision Products.
  • January 1984 – Dillon goes factory direct for sales
  • May 1985- RL-550 replaces the RL-450
  • November, 1986- Introduction of the Square Deal
  • 1980s- Introduction of the RL 450 jr
  • Winter, 1989- RL1000 replaced by the RL1050
  • 1991-ish- Introduction of the XL65
  • December, 2005- Case feeder becomes available
  • they also manufacture a 7.62 NATO high speed ammunition unloader

Dillon Precision Products, Inc.
8009 East Dillon’s Way
Scottsdale, AZ 85260 U.S.A.

800-223-4570

dillonprecision.com

CCI

Cascade Cartridge Inc

 founded in 1951
Lewiston, Idaho

  • 1951 founded by Dick Speer (1915-1994) in Lewiston, Idaho
    – machinist at Boeing Aircraft’s Seattle plant
    – brother of Vernon Speer, who founded Speer Bullets
    – there was money to be made in reloading
  • provided a steady source of component primers
  • bought a 17-acre chicken ranch next to the Lewiston Gun Club
    – a mile south of brother Vernon’s bullet works
    –  production began in a renovated chicken coop
  • When the Lewiston Gun Club moved, Speer bought the adjoining property
  • February 2015 bought by Vista Outdoor

CCI/Blazer
2299 Snake River Ave.
Lewiston, ID 83501

1-866-286-7436

cci-ammunition.com

Nosler

began in 1948
in Bend, Oregon

“Quality First”

 

  • April 4, 1913 John Amos Nosler was born
  • 1946 unsuccessful moose hunt inspired Nosler to develop a new bullet design
  • Nosler Partition bullets used a specially designed jacket enclosing two separate lead alloy cores
  • 1948 Nosler began to sell the partition bullets commercially, forming Nosler Partition Bullet Co in in Ashland, Oregon
  • 1958 moved to 6,000 sq. ft. building in Bend, Oregon
  • 1963 Norma became Nosler’s first commercial loader.
  • 1969 Nosler Partition Bullet Co. became Nosler Bullets, Inc.
  • 1974 Federal Cartridge Company commercially loaded Nosler bullets for the first time
  • 1976 Reloading Guide #1 was released
  • 1981 Reloading Guide #2 was released
  • 1982 moved to Bend, Oregon
  • 1988 John Nosler sold the production facilities to his son
  • 1989 Reloading Guide #3 was released
  • 1990 Nosler Bullets, Inc. became Nosler, Inc
  • 2002 Reloading Guide #5 was released.
  • October 10, 2010 John Nosler died (97)
  • 2011 Nosler gains ISO 9001: 2008 certification
  • 2012 Bob Nosler elected to NRA Board of Directors
  • 2013 Nosler® Defense Ammunition was introduced
  • 2014 M48 Patriot and Heritage rifles introduced
  • 2020 Nosler Rifles production moves to Redmond, Oregon

Nosler
107 SW Columbia St
Bend, Oregon

1-800-285-3701

nosler.com

Speer

started in 1943
Lewiston, Idaho

  • 1943 Vernon Speer started building bullets
    –  reloaders couldn’t get components from ammo companies during World War II
  •  initially focused on hunting rifle bullets
  • he also built the first mass-produced jacketed handgun bullets for hunting and law enforcement
  • 1960 Lawman line
  • Speer Gold Dot
  • Vista Outdoor

Speer
2299 Snake River Ave.
Lewiston, ID 83501

1-866-286-7436

speer.com

Federal Premium Ammunition

April 27, 1922
in Anoka, Minnesota

  • April 27, 1922 Charles L. Horn founded Federal Cartridge Corporation in Anoka, Minnesota
    – four factories
    – 700,000 square feet
  • 1941 Federal won an $87-million contract from the U.S. government
    – to build and operate the $30-million Twin City Ordnance Plant (TCOP)
  • 1977 William B. Horn introduced Federal’s Premium line of centerfire rifle and shotshell ammunition
  • 1987 – 2020 worked with a local non-profit group to employ people with disabilities
  • Premium line with projectiles from Nosler Partition and Sierra boat-tail
  • 2014 built modern water-treatment plant
  • February 2015 owned by Vista Outdoor
  • 2019 started selling directly to consumers through online store
  • customers can order hand-loaded ammunition customized for their needs

 

Elmer Keith

March 8, 1899 – February 14, 1984 (85)

During World War II, was an inspector at the Ogden, Utah Arsenal

Rifles that he inspected are cartouche stamped with the initials “OGEK” in a rectangular box

Creator of the:
1935 – .357 Magnum cartridge
1956 – .44 Magnum cartridge
1963 – .41 Magnum cartridge
1956 – Ruger Model 29 .44 Magnum single action Blackhawk revolver