Chicago Guns Matter
- 2017 Chicago Guns Matter Founded by Rhonda Ezell
- An organization made up of pro-gun advocates in and around Chicago
- to share with the urban community how to exercise their fundamental constitutional right to keep and bear arms.
For law-abiding citizens in the City of Chicago to learn how to legally possess firearms, as well as the steps needed to obtain the Illinois Concealed Carry License.
We are not here to incite violence, we are here to incite education.
July 6, 2011
- Rhonda Ezell sued the city of Chicago to bring gun ranges to the city for law abiding citizens
- After Ezell won the challenge against the total ban on ranges, Chicago changed its ordinances to ‘allow’ gun ranges, but made the zoning rules and construction requirements so restrictive they are prohibitive
- September 29, 2014 – the case was taken back to court, and an opinion and order was issued on
- Alan Gura Attorney
January 18th 2017, the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the city of Chicago’s ban on gun ranges was unconstitutional.
March 15th. 2017 the final judgement was entered by judge Virginia M. Kendall, indicating that the city of Chicago withdrew their motion to stay the proceedings
two federal lawsuits against the City of Chicago to bring gun ranges to the city for law abiding citizens
“If the city demands that you take this class, they should provide a facility for you to do it. You don’t want a person to have a gun they don’t know how to use. No one should have to drive 40 miles outside the city limits to comply with a city ordinance.”
– Rhonda Ezell