High Standard

1926 – 2018

  • 1926 founded in Hamden, Connecticut
  • 1932 purchased by Carl Gustav Swebilius
  • During World War II supplied .22 pistols for pistol training
  • D developed a silent, flashless pistol for use by OSS agents behind enemy lines
  • 1962 – 1984 High Standard D-100
    hammerless, double-action derringers
  • 1968 acquired by the Leisure Group
  • 1976 relocated to East Hartford, Connecticut
  • February 1977 stopped production of long guns
  • 1978 Clem Confessore led management buyout from Leisure Group
  • December 1984, its assets were auctioned to Gordon Elliott
  • 1990 American Derringer obtained the rights to High Standard Derringer design
  • 1993 High Standard of Houston, Texas acquired the company assets and trademark Arcadia Machine & Tool (AMT)
  • March 1994 first Houston manufactured pistols
  • 2000s acquired Interarms
  • 2001 Acquired Arcadia Machine & Tool (AMT)
  • 2018 went out of business

High Standard Manufacturing Company

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)