– took his 2A-based legal case all the way to the Supreme Court of the United States
– His case impacted the legal interpretation of the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights of the US Constitution, the Second Amendment protects an individual’s right to possess a firearm, unconnected with service in a militia
A licensed special police officer for the District of Columbia.
– Heller carried a gun in federal office buildings, but was not allowed to have one in his home
– Robert A. Levy and Alan Gura were counsel for Heller
– 1984 founded the “Children’s Birthright Trust Fund” – a charity that supports and raises funds for youth projects, such as computer access
– 2004 until 2011 served as the Treasurer of the D.C. Libertarian Party