Sportsman’s Alliance of Maine
Created in 1975
- Maine’s largest sportsman’s organization
- 8,000 members
- headquarters in Augusta, ME
- 501 (c ) 3 non-profit membership organization
To develop and provide information on wildlife resources, field sports and conservation programs that will benefit such resources, sports and programs.
- To educate the public concerning the American heritages of hunting, trapping and fishing.
- To initiate and participate in litigation in the courts when necessary to protect the beneficial pursuits of hunting, trapping, fishing and scientific wildlife management practices.
- To promote and explain field sports, wildlife conservation and scientific wildlife management practices through literature, films, the press, television and radio.
- To provide organizations throughout the state in financial and management assistance programs to achieve these purposes.
- To acquire and develop moneys to be used for scholarships and awards relative to these purposes.
- Defend and protect the right of individuals to keep, use and bear firearms.
- To do any and all things· that are necessary for, or incident to, the purposes hereinbefore stated.
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)