H&R Firearms

Harrington & Richardson

founded in 1871 – 2015
Massachusetts

  • 1875 Harrington & Richardson = Nathan Harrington and William Richardson (former S&W employee)
    – Harrington was president
    – Richardson was treasurer
  • 1871 – 1877 at 18 Manchester Street, Worcester, MA
  • 1877 – 1894 at  31 Hermon Street, Worcester, MA
  • 1897 Harrington and Richardson both passed away
    – held by  Harrington’s son and Richardson’s wife
  • 1894 new facility in Worcester, Massachusetts
  • 1950 new facility in Drummondville, Québec, Canada
  • 1960s was acquired by the Kidde corporation
  • 1986 original H&R company went out of business, and building was demolished
  • Was in business for over a century from 1871 to 1986

  • 1991 – H&R 1871, Inc., was formed
    – using original H&R designs
  • November 2000 bought by Marlin Firearms
  • December, 2007 acquired by Remington Arms Company
  • 2008 production was moved to Ilion, N.Y.
  • February 27, 2015 – “H&R 1871” ceased production

 

(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)