Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA)
- November 29, 1990
- introduced by Senator Herb Kohl of Wisconsin
- signed into law by President George H. W. Bush.
- act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone
- applies to public, private, and parochialelementary schools and high schools
- applies to non-private property within 1000 feet of schools
- It provides that the states and their political subdivisions may issue licenses that exempt the licensed individuals from the prohibition.
(Visited 44 times, 1 visits today)