Sako

Suojeluskuntain Ase- ja Konepaja Osakeyhtiö
(Firearms and Machine workshop of the Civil Guard)

Established in 1921

  • to build and service firearms for the Civil Guard in Finland
  • 1921 Separate company established in Helsinki
  • 1929 Manufacturing of ammunition begins
  • 1932 Manufacturing of rifle barrels begins
  • 1938 Manufacturing of rifle stocks begins
  • 1939-1944 275 mil. machine gun rounds
  • 1945 new owner Finnish Red Cross
  • 1962 New owner: Suomen Kaapelitehdas Oy
  • 1967 New owner: Oy Nokia Ab
  • 1993 rifle production is concentrated in Riihimäki
    – Tourula manufactures ammunition
  • 1994 acquires a majority stake in Stoeger Inc
    – operates in the USA and Canada
  • 1995 entire ammunition production line was sold
    – to Vammas Oy
  • 2000 New owner: Beretta
  • 2006 85 anniversary

Sako 
P.O. BOX 149
FI-11101 RIIHIMÄKI
FINLAND
(+358) 10 830 5200

sako.fi

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)