Ithaca Gun Company

established  in 1883
in Ithaca, New York

  • firearms based on expired patents owned by Remington Arms
  • also purchased patents from other firearm designers
  • 1883 established the original Ithaca Gun Company
    – original factory was located in the Fall Creek
    – nearby waterfall supplied the main source of energy
  • 1895 Emil Flues invented a double barrel shotgun with only three moving parts per barrel
  • 1907 Ithaca bought the patent and upgraded the design
    – became the best selling American double of all time
    – Ithaca drove Remington out of the double gun market
  • World War II produced the M1911 pistol
  • Korean War produced the M3 Grease Gun
  • 1967 was sold to Jerry Baldritch & Assoc
  • December 1978 filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy
  • September 1985 filed bankruptcy a second time
  • 1987 new owners Ithaca Acquisition, Inc.
    – moved to King Ferry, New York
  • 1989, Remington purchased the Mag-10 shotgun
    – they produced as the SP-10
  •  2002 and 2004 moved 6,000 tons of lead-contaminated material
    – with cost of $4.8 million
  • 2005 moved to larger facilities in Auburn, NY
  • 2005 sold all assets, trademarks, and manufacturing rights to the Marshalls from Upper Sandusky, Ohio
  • All prints, programs, and processing were converted to CNC
  • March 2006 original factory was condemned only the smokestack remains
    – lead  Superfund remediation effort
  • June 2007 Dave Dlubak purchased the company
  • 2015 more clean up necessary

  • Annie Oakley used an Ithaca Flues model in her competition and exhibition shooting
  •  John Philip Sousa – the Sousa Grade, a shotgun in his honor

 

 

Ithaca Gun Company
420 N. Warpole Street
Upper Sandusky, OH 43351

419-294-4113

ithacagun.com

 

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)