Federal Premium Ammunition

April 27, 1922
in Anoka, Minnesota

  • April 27, 1922 Charles L. Horn founded Federal Cartridge Corporation in Anoka, Minnesota
    – four factories
    – 700,000 square feet
  • 1941 Federal won an $87-million contract from the U.S. government
    – to build and operate the $30-million Twin City Ordnance Plant (TCOP)
  • 1977 William B. Horn introduced Federal’s Premium line of centerfire rifle and shotshell ammunition
  • 1987 – 2020 worked with a local non-profit group to employ people with disabilities
  • Premium line with projectiles from Nosler Partition and Sierra boat-tail
  • 2014 built modern water-treatment plant
  • February 2015 owned by Vista Outdoor
  • 2019 started selling directly to consumers through online store
  • customers can order hand-loaded ammunition customized for their needs

 

(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)