Sellier & Bellot

1825
Prague, Czechoslovakia

  • 1825 Louis Sellier & Jean Maria Nicolaus Bellot established a percussion cap factory in Prague
  • ready-made paper cartridges
  • pinfire shotshells
  • 1870 Louis Sellier died
  • 1872 Sellier family bought out Bellot
  • plants in Prussia and Latvia
  • 1893 trademark appeared
  • WWI all of their production
  • After WWI leading ammo supplier to their new country’s army and police
  • 1936 moved to Vlašim
  • 1939 Nazis took over the commpany
  • 1940 Soviets took the factory and used their ammo against the Nazis
  • S&B nationalized by Czechoslovakia after WWII
  • 1992 S&B became a joint-stock company
  • 2009 acquired by CBC (Magtech)

Sellier & Bellot

(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)